September 13, 2020
Macaulay Point Park is home to a battery built in 1878, which was to ensure the coast was defended in case of a Russian attack (the Russo-Turkish War was then ongoing). It formed part of Fort Macaulay. The foundation of which is still visible from the air. The guns were manned during both World Wars. The federal government declared Macaulay Point obsolete in 1957 and in 1985 it became the park it is today.
Over the years elements have eroded the whitewash from the concrete and English Ivy, a beautiful though invasive species, has appeared.
After working this image in Lightroom only with colour enhancers and contrast, this photograph almost has the look of a painting.